首页  | 新闻播报

每日新闻播报(July 10)

chinadaily.com.cn 2020-07-10 16:37

为正常播放该音频,请使用IE9及以上版本IE浏览器或其它浏览器。
[Photo/IC]

>China adds two global geoparks
我国再添世界地质公园
China has added two more geological parks to its list of UNESCO Global Geoparks, bringing the total number to 41, the National Forestry and Grassland Administration said Wednesday.
国家林业和草原局7月8日表示,我国新增两处世界地质公园,至此我国世界地质公园数量升至41处。
The Xiangxi Geopark in Central China’s Hunan province and Zhangye Geopark in Northwest China’s Gansu province were approved as Global Geoparks by the Executive Board of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization at its 209th session on Tuesday, according to the administration.
国家林业和草原局称,7月7日召开的联合国教科文组织执行局第209次会议上,湖南湘西、甘肃张掖两处地质公园正式获批联合国教科文组织世界地质公园称号。
The Xiangxi Geopark boasts 160 Paleolithic and Neolithic cultural heritage sites, while the Zhangye Geopark features color hills, Danxia landforms and ophiolite suites.
湘西世界地质公园拥有160处旧石器和新石器时代的文化遗址,张掖世界地质公园则拥有彩色丘陵、丹霞地貌和蛇绿岩套。
To date, the number of Global Geoparks in China has surpassed one-quarter of the world's total, the administration said.
国家林业和草原局称,我国世界地质公园数量占到全球的1/4以上。

Rescuers salvage a bus from the Hongshan Reservoir in Anshun, Guizhou province, on July 7, 2020. [Photo/China Daily]

>Drivers' health a concern
交通部发公交安全警示
Authorities urged public transportation service companies to pay special attention to drivers' physical and psychological conditions after a bus plunged into a reservoir in Anshun, Northwest China’s Guizhou province, on Tuesday.
7月7日贵州安顺发生公交车坠入水库的事故后,有关部门要求公交企业密切关注驾驶员身体、心理健康状况。
The bus broke through a guardrail and fell into the Hongshan Reservoir in Anshun's Xixiu district at around 12:30 pm, causing 21 deaths. Five of the dead were local students, the city government said.
安顺市政府称,事故发生在当日12时30分左右,该市西秀区一辆公交车冲破护栏坠入虹山水库,造成21人死亡,死者中包括5名学生。
According to the city government, the driver, surnamed Zhang, was among the dead.
驾驶员张某已身亡。
Zhang, 52, was a local resident who had been a bus driver since 1997.
52岁的张某是本地人,自1997年以来一直是一名公交车司机。
On Tuesday evening, the Ministry of Transport released a warning notice, urging related departments at all levels to make stronger efforts to guarantee public safety.
7月7日晚,交通运输部发布警示,要求各级有关部门加大公共安全保障力度。
Drivers with health problems should be temporarily prohibited from working, the notice said.
健康出现问题的驾驶员应暂停上岗。
Further, the notification asked bus companies to strengthen monitoring and prevent those potential risks from threatening lives.
此外,公交企业应加强监管,排除威胁群众生命安全的潜在风险。

 

[Photo/Xinhua]

>US pushes to reopen schools
美国政府要求学校复课
White House on Wednesday continued to push states to reopen schools in the fall as the country's COVID-19 cases passed 3 million with over 132,000 deaths.
尽管美国新冠肺炎确诊病例已超300万人,死亡人数逾13.2万人,白宫7月8日继续施压,敦促各州学校于秋季开学复课。
President Donald Trump on Wednesday threatened in his tweets to "cut off federal funding" for schools if they do not resume in-person learning this fall and criticized the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for "their very tough & expensive guidelines" for opening schools.
美国总统特朗普7月8日在推文中威胁称,若学校秋季不恢复面对面授课将停止向这些学校提供联邦资金,他还批评美国疾病预防控制中心给出的复课指导意见"又严格又费钱"。
During a press briefing a few hours later at the Education Department, Vice-President Mike Pence said the CDC would issue new guidance on reopening schools next week.
几小时后在教育部举行的新闻发布会上,副总统彭斯表示,疾病预防控制中心下周将发布新版开学复课指导意见。
"We don't want the guidance from CDC to be a reason why schools don't open," Pence said. "I think that every American, every American knows that we can safely reopen our schools."
彭斯称:"我们不希望疾病预防控制中心发布的指导意见成为学校无法开学的理由。我认为每个美国人都知道我们可以安全复课。"

US President Donald Trump hosts an event on reopening schools amid the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic in the East Room at the White House in Washington, US, July 7, 2020. [Photo/Agencies]

>US starts withdrawal from WHO
美国宣布退出世卫组织
US President Donald Trump has formally started the withdrawal of the US from the World Health Organization, officials said Tuesday. The withdrawal is effective from July 6, 2021.
美国国务院发言人7月7日表示,美国总统特朗普已正式启动该国退出世界卫生组织的程序,自2021年7月6日起生效。
The US is the largest financial contributor to the WHO.
美国是世卫组织最大的资金提供国。
Trump has formally informed UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres that he has started the US pullout, a State Department representative said.
该发言人称,特朗普已正式通知联合国秘书长古特雷斯,他已启动退出程序。
Stephane Dujarric, the spokesman for Guterres, confirmed that the US gave its notice.
古特雷斯的发言人迪雅里克确认了这一消息。
"The US is a party to the World Health Organization Constitution since June 21, 1948. The US's participation in the WHO was accepted by the World Health Assembly with certain conditions set out for its eventual withdrawal from the WHO. The said conditions include giving a one-year notice and fully meeting the payment of assessed financial obligations," said the spokesman. "The secretary-general is in the process of verifying with the WHO whether all the conditions for such withdrawal are met," Dujarric added.
迪雅里克表示,美国自1948年6月21日起成为《世界卫生组织组织法》的缔约国。世界卫生大会接受了美国加入世卫组织,并规定了美国最终退出世卫组织的条件,包括提前一年给出通知并全额支付其所评估的财务义务。目前联合国秘书长正向世卫组织核实美方是否符合退出的所有条件。


Find more audio news on the China Daily app.

 

中国日报网英语点津版权说明:凡注明来源为“中国日报网英语点津:XXX(署名)”的原创作品,除与中国日报网签署英语点津内容授权协议的网站外,其他任何网站或单位未经允许不得非法盗链、转载和使用,违者必究。如需使用,请与010-84883561联系;凡本网注明“来源:XXX(非英语点津)”的作品,均转载自其它媒体,目的在于传播更多信息,其他媒体如需转载,请与稿件来源方联系,如产生任何问题与本网无关;本网所发布的歌曲、电影片段,版权归原作者所有,仅供学习与研究,如果侵权,请提供版权证明,以便尽快删除。
订阅和关注
人气排行