首页  | 实用口语

关于天气的趣味俚语表达

沪江英语 2021-01-14 16:09

分享到微信

你的朋友让你不要chase rainbows,他的意思可不是拦着你去追彩虹。一起来看看下面这些有趣的俚语。

Mike Kotsch@mike/unsplash

1 Raining cats and dogs 倾盆大雨

Where are you going, can’t you see it’s raining cats and dogs? You’ll get soaked in a minute if you go out now.

你要去哪里,你看不到下着倾盆大雨吗?如果你现在出去的话,一分钟内你就会全身湿透的。

They didn’t go to the theme park because it was raining cats and dogs almost all day.

他们没有去主题公园,因为几乎一整天都在下雨。

 

2 Face like thunder 火冒三丈

I don’t know what was happening, I just saw that a man with a face like thunder was chasing a little boy out of the grocer’s shop.

我不知道发生了什么事,我只是看到一个火冒三丈的男人正在从杂货店追一个小男孩。

She didn’t say anything but her face was like thunder; she slammed the door as she left, and we haven’t seen her ever since.

她什么也没说,但她火冒三丈;她离开时砰地关上了门,从此我们再也没见过她了。

 

3 Storm in a teacup 小题大做

Their debate was only a storm in a teacup – actually neither of them took the problem too serious.

他们的辩论不过是小题大做而已——事实上,他们两人都没有把问题看得太严肃。

The reports about the demonstration are a storm in a teacup – there wasn’t as much violence there as they say.

关于示威游行的报道简直是小题大做——那里没有他们所说的那么多暴力。

 

4 Chase rainbows 痴人说梦

My wife never believed I would make it as an executive manager; she always thought I was just chasing rainbows.

我妻子从不相信我会成为一名执行经理;她总是认为我只是在痴人说梦。

Can’t you see you’re only chasing rainbows? There’s no way to get this girl marry you.

难道你看不到你只是在痴人说梦吗?这个女孩根本不会嫁给你。

 

5 Lightning fast 快如闪电

I don’t think we can keep up with him, he’s got a lightning fast bike.

我想我们跟不上他,他有一辆闪电般快的自行车。

The robbery lasted only a minute, and then the robbers disappeared in a lightning fast car.

抢劫只持续了一分钟,然后强盗消失在一辆闪电般快速的汽车里。

 

6 Head in the clouds 胡思乱想

Is your sister in love? I see her walking around all day with her head in the clouds.

你妹妹恋爱了吗?我看见她整天在那走来走去,胡思乱想。

You have your head in the clouds if you think Mary will come to your birthday party after the nasty things you’ve done to her.

如果你认为玛丽会在你对她所做的坏事之后参加你的生日聚会,那你就大错特错了。

 

7 Snowed under 手头繁忙

I’d love to help you, but I’m completely snowed under at the moment.

我很乐意帮助你,但我现在太忙了。

Could you come over and fix the tap in the bathroom? But of course, only if you aren’t snowed under, it’s not so urgent.

你能来浴室修理一下水龙头吗?但是当然,你不忙的时候再来,不是很紧急。

 

8 Under the weather 心情不好或身体不适

Do you mind if I stay out of work today? I’m feeling under the weather, I may have the flu.

你介意我今天不上班吗?我感觉不舒服,我可能得了流感。

I heard you were ill yesterday. Are you feeling better now or are you still under the weather?

我听说你昨天病了。你现在感觉好点了还是仍然不舒服?

 

(来源:沪江英语  编辑:yaning)

中国日报网英语点津版权说明:凡注明来源为“中国日报网英语点津:XXX(署名)”的原创作品,除与中国日报网签署英语点津内容授权协议的网站外,其他任何网站或单位未经允许不得非法盗链、转载和使用,违者必究。如需使用,请与010-84883561联系;凡本网注明“来源:XXX(非英语点津)”的作品,均转载自其它媒体,目的在于传播更多信息,其他媒体如需转载,请与稿件来源方联系,如产生任何问题与本网无关;本网所发布的歌曲、电影片段,版权归原作者所有,仅供学习与研究,如果侵权,请提供版权证明,以便尽快删除。
人气排行
中国日报网 英语点津微信
中国日报网 双语小程序