约翰逊先生要卖房的广告登出去没多久,就有顾客来咨询买房事宜。威尔逊先生接待了她。下面是他们之间的对话。
A--Agent James Wilson
物业代理詹姆士·威尔逊
C--Client Mrs. Chen
客户陈太太
A: Good morning, Madam, and how do you do?
早晨好,太太,您好!
C: Fine, I would like to check out today's news-paper advertising on Tong
House.
早晨好,我想询问你们在今天的报章中刊登有关唐厦的广告。
A: Yes, Madam. Have a seat please. I think you mean the one priced at four
point five million Hong Kong dollars. May l have your name,
please?
好的,太太,请坐。我想你所指的是定价四百五十万的那个住宅。请问您怎么称呼?
C: I'm Mrs. Chen. Is the flat still available?
我是陈太太,那个房子是否已经售出?
A: Mrs. Chen, here is my name card. I'm James Wilson. The Tong House is about
seventeen years old but the internal condition is fine. May I know if you are
familiar with the neighborhood here? Do you know the location of Tong House?
陈太太,这是我的名片,我是詹姆士·约翰逊。唐厦的楼龄约有十七年,不过楼盘保养良好。你对附近的环境熟识吗?你知道唐厦的位置在哪里吗?
C: No, I don't live around there, but I know the location and environment of
Tai Koo Shing. I know the average price of five thousand Hong Kong dollars per
square foot is very attractive. May I know the size, the layout and the view of
the
house?
我不是住在附近的,但我清楚太古城的位置及周围的环境。在太古城每平方英尺港币五千块的售价是很吸引人的。可否告诉我那套房子的面积,布局和观景如何吗?
A: Sure. The area of this flat is around nine hundred square feet. It is
designed as one living room, one dining room, one master bedroom and two
bedrooms.
当然可以。房子面积约九百平方英尺。有一个客厅,一个饭厅,一个主卧和两间客房。
C: Do you have the
floor plan of the building?
你有没有这栋大厦的平面图?
A: Yes, Mrs. Chen. Here it is. For this unit, the efficiency rate is very
high because the layout is very effective. Also, the owner keeps the house in a
good condition. Maybe I can show you the
house.
有。陈太太,这就是了。以这套房子而言,由于它的设计很实用,所以使用率很高。再者,业主把房子保持得非常好。或者我先带您看看房子。
C: Very well. Can we go now?
非常好。是不是现在就去?
A: Give me a minute. Let me call the owner first.
请稍候,让我先通知业主。
C: Thank you.
谢谢。
(改编自:英语周报 英语点津 Annabel 编辑)