Snow: Would you tell me what educational background you have?
I graduated from middle school in 1986, then I entered Shanghai Polytechnics. I
graduated in 1992 with a B.S. degree.
Snow: What department did you study
Peter: I was in Department of Physics.
Snow: How were your scores at
Peter: They were all excellent.
Snow: What course did you like
Peter: I was very interested in business Management. And I think it's
very useful for my present work.
Snow: How are you getting on with your
Peter: I'm doing well at school.
Snow: Which subject are you
least interested in?
Peter: I think it was Chinese History. Not because the
subject was boring, but the large amount of material that had to be memorized.
It left no room to appreciate the wisdom of great people in the past.
When and where did you receive your MBA degree?
Peter: I received my MBA
degree from Beijing University in 1998.
Snow: Were you in a leading position
when you were a college student?
Peter: Yes, I was president of the student
union of our university, and I joined the Communist Party of China in my junior
Snow: Did you get any honors or rewards at your university?
Yes, I got the university scholarship in 1994~1995 academic year, received the
second－class award in the Olympic Mathematics Competition of our province in
Snow: Great. Were you involved in any club activities at your
Peter: Yes, I was on the college basketball team.
extracurricular activities did you usually take part in at your college?
Peter: I persisted in jogging every morning. I sometimes played table tennis
and sometimes played basketball.
1. 对话中Peter在回答面试官关于他教育情况的问题。educational background是指"教育背景"。graduate
from，从某所学校毕业。我们都知道上大学是go to college， enter这个词也可以表示上某所大学。Peter说 ...then I entered
Shanghai Polytechnics. 我就读于上海工业大学，polytechnic college 是指多科性工学院，工学院。
2. Peter 说I graduated in 1992 with a B.S. degree. 我1992年毕业并且获得了理工学士学位。B.S.
3. What department did you study in? 你就读哪一个系？I was in Department of Physics.
我读的是物理系。这其实就相当于在问，What's your major? 你的专业是什么？可以回答：My major is Physics. 或者I major
4. 面试官一般还会问你在大学的学习成绩，How were your scores at college? 你的考试成绩怎么样？可以回答They were
all excellent. 门门都是优秀。或者概括地说I'm doing well at school. 我在学校成绩很好。
5. 考官还会询问你对学校里那些科目比较感兴趣，因为这样会从侧面反应你的能力倾向。Which subject were you least
interested in? 你对哪一科最不感兴趣？Peter说是中国历史，因为有太多资料要背，以至于没有任何时间去真正欣赏前人的智慧。
of Business Administration 的开头大写字母缩写。receive a degree from，就是从某所学校获得某种学位。
7. 对话中Peter在讲述自己在大学里除了学习成绩之外其它方面的表现情况，这对考官来说，也是一个值得参考的地方。a leading
position，是指"领导职位"，Were you in a leading position when you were a college
student? 你在大学的时候担当过什么领导职位吗？Peter说他在大学里担任过学生会主席，并且还入了党，应该是表现很积极了。president of
Student union，学生会主席，join the Communist Party of China，加入中国共产党。
8. Did you get any honors or rewards at your university?
是问在大学里有没有获得过任何奖励。Peter回答说，I got the university scholarship in 1994~1995 academic
9. Peter还被问道Were you involved in any club activities at your
activities在这里指大学里的社团活动，比如篮球队比赛，象棋比赛等等。Peter说参加过篮球队，I was on the college
basketball team. 参加某个球队，用on这个介词。
10. take part in extracurricular activities，参加课外活动。Peter还每天早上坚持慢跑，persist in
（改编自：国际在线 英语点津 Annabel 编辑）