Firstly, to renew your knowledge structure as soon as possible. The main
differences between those educated people and those uneducated people are the
WAY of THINKING and the self-educating skill. Meanwhile, the Internet gives
everybody an unprecedented chance to search all the resource you need.
Please NOTICE the language and computer skills are only the 2 basic tools in
a successful career although those 2 skills also need to be improved
practically. If you just count on them, you have to face the boring work day
Of course, I can't give you the details about what kind of knowledge you
might need because different people have different interests in their careers
and I don't want to mislead you. To me, Management, Economy, Finance, Politics,
Military, History, Sports and arts. However, you may have your choices.
Secondly, the more important aspect is your OVERALL ABILITY. That means what
kind of person will be welcomed by the society.
Here are the eleven aspects of the overall ability required for a manager
1. Work experience related to management
2. Potential for growth
3. Ability to work with others, (Superiors, peer, and subordinates)
4. Competence in area of responsibility or specialization
(technical/organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to complete
5. Personal initiative, motivation
7. Analytical ability
8. Facility with English
9. Written communication skills
10. Oral communication skills
11. Potential for success as an effective and inspiring upper-level manager
Hope the information can be helpful to you.
（来源：搜狐教育论坛 英语点津 Annabel 编辑）