on a budget? Try these cheap fashion tips:
1. Keep your store receipts and product tags for at least two months.
You never know when you might want to return something because your tastes
have changed, you have found a defect in the garment or the color is all
wrong. Most chain stores have a very forgiving return policy. Of course,
if you have worn it ... don't be a chiseler, it's yours.
2. Take a strapless dress or tunic and wear it
over a turtle neck for
winter or over a tee shirt or thin blouse in warm weather. You get two
looks for the price of one, and when traveling, packing these items can
double your wardrobe.
3. Wearing mule style shoes this summer? Try a spritz of hair spray on
the inner sole so your feet don't slip.
4. Are your shoes scuffed? Dab the spot with a small dollop of Vaseline
and blend into the entire shoe for instant shine. Or, polish the shoes
with a little hand cream poured onto a paper towel.
5. For dry cuticles, use either Vaseline or A&D ointment. On top of
this slather your hands with your favorite hand lotion. Your hands and
nails will stay moisturized for hours.
6. Another nail tip: For drying wet nail polish quickly, dip hands into
ice cold water or spray nails with cooking oils
7. Stop paying top dollar for makeup removal pads . Try generic brands
of baby wipes to remove makeup.
8. If you are a thin, petite-sized woman, don't overlook the children's
department for casual clothing such as shorts, capris, cargo pants, denim
jackets and T-shirts.
9. This is the season of fake tans . Try using hair removal creams to
remove any self-tanner streaks on the sides of your feet, palms, elbow and
knees. Rub it on, then immediately wipe it off with a washcloth or tissue.