想要吐槽“我很忙”?别只会用“I'm very busy”
网络 2018-10-19 14:33
![](https://www.chinadaily.com.cn/image_e/2020/timg.jpg)
我们每天都在忙忙碌碌地生活着,那么你知道“忙碌”用英语该怎么说吗?一起来学习一下吧!
![](http://img2.chinadaily.com.cn/images/201810/19/5bc97aa8a310eff36901ac27.jpeg)
1. a million things
“一百万件事情”,也就是有很多很多事情的意思。
It's hard to slow down when you are trying to do a million things.
当你想要做成百上千件事情的时候是很难慢下来的。
2. be as busy as a bee
忙忙碌碌,忙死忙活的
He was as busy as a bee trying to put the house in order.
他为了要把家里弄得整整齐齐,忙了好一阵子。
【类似】I am as busy as a ticking clock.我忙得像滴滴答答的钟。
3. be busy as a beaver
忙得团团转
He is working so hard that he is busy as a beaver.
他没日没夜地工作,看起来很忙。
4. be piled up
pile up是堆起来,积累,所以如果你想说工作都堆积如山了,你可以用上这句。
My work is piled up on my desk. It really makes me crazy!
我的工作在我桌上堆满了,真让我抓狂啊!
![](http://img2.chinadaily.com.cn/images/201810/19/5bc97aa8a310eff36901ac29.jpeg)
5. be tied up
被占用,很忙。tie是动词系、绑的意思,被某件事情绑住了,就走不开了咯!
I'll be tied up the rest of the week, I am afraid.
这个星期我恐怕都抽不出时间。
6. be up to one’s neck
忙得不可开交
I can’t possibly come out tonight. I'm up to my neck in work.
今晚我不可能出来了,我的工作忙得不可开交。
7. have irons in/on the fire同时有(很多)事情要做
Don't have too many irons in/on the fire.
不要揽太多事。
![](http://img2.chinadaily.com.cn/images/201810/19/5bc97aa8a310eff36901ac2b.jpeg)
8. in the middle of (doing) sth.
正忙于某事
I'm in the middle of something. Could you call (me) back later?
我现在很忙,你能过会儿给我打电话吗?
9. not have time to catch one's breath
忙得连喘口气的功夫都没有,也就是很忙的意思。
What a day! I don't even have time to catch my breath.
真糟糕的一天!我甚至连喘气的功夫都没有。
![](http://img2.chinadaily.com.cn/images/201810/19/5bc97aa8a310eff36901ac2d.jpeg)
10.pressed for time没时间,很忙
If you’re pressed for time, don't forget to relax and take a couple minutes to breathe.
如果你很忙,也别忘了放松,花几分钟来呼吸一下新鲜空气。
11.I am on the trot.
我非常忙!我十分忙碌!
trot小跑,on the trot一个接一个。这句话形容一个接一个根本停不下来,十分忙碌。
12.I am booked.
我非常忙!
booked指预定,我被预定了,比喻我异常忙碌。
I am booked solid all morning. What's up?
一上午我都有事,怎么了?
13.I am on the go.
我很忙。
on the go指忙个不停。
I got a new job this year where I am on the go all the time.
我今年找了份新工作,一直忙得不可开交。
14.I am up and doing.
我非常忙。
up and doing忙碌
![](http://img2.chinadaily.com.cn/images/201810/19/5bc97aa8a310eff36901ac2f.jpeg)
15.I have eggs on the spit.
我很忙,无暇顾及其他事。
have eggs on the spit形容手头有事,正在忙着。
16.I have my hands full.
我忙得不得了。(=My hands are full !)
I mean, I have my hands full right now with family and work.
我的意思是,现在的工作和家庭已经让我分身乏术。
17.I have only got one pair of hands.
我非常忙!
这句话本意是:我只有一双手,意思就是不能做太多的事。本句用于一个人同时被期望或要求做太多事情的时候。
18.I am running round in circles.我忙得团团转。
running round in circles非常形象的描述忙的状态。
(来源:网络 编辑:Julie)