BBC Learning English 英语教学

 

英语大破解

 

What happens to your body in a heatwave? 高温热浪会对人的身体产生哪些影响?

 

本集内容

What happens to your body in a heatwave? 高温热浪会对人的身体产生哪些影响?

文字稿

Edward O'Driscoll, presenter
What happens to your body in a heatwave?

爱德华·奥德里斯科尔       主持人
高温热浪会对人的身体产生哪些影响?

Well, our bodies are always striving to keep a core temperature of about 37 degrees Celsius. In hot weather, the body has to work harder to keep its core temperature down.

我们的身体总是尽力将核心体温维持在37摄氏度左右。天气热的时候,身体就必须加倍努力将核心体温降低以维持在正常范围内。

More blood vessels near the skin are opened to lose heat, and we start sweating – because when sweat evaporates, it cools us down dramatically.

这时,更多靠近皮肤的血管会扩张以散热,同时我们开始流汗,因为汗水蒸发的时候会大幅降低身体温度。

When the weather is hot and humid, it's harder for sweat to evaporate, and your body has to work even harder.

当天气炎热潮湿时,汗水就比较难蒸发出去,你的身体也就需要更加努力地工作来散热。

If your body heats up beyond its normal core temperature, the brain warns the body to slow down, and fatigue sets in.

当你的体温超出了正常值范围,大脑就会警告身体要减缓运作慢下来,这时你就会感到疲倦。

At 40-41 degrees Celsius, heat exhaustion is likely, and you may start to feel faint and get muscle cramps.

当体温在40-41摄氏度时,可能会出现热衰竭,你可能会感到晕眩和肌肉痉挛。

Above 41 degrees Celsius, heat stroke can happen, which is a medical emergency. It means your body can no longer manage the heat and your core temperature is rising too high.

体温超过41摄氏度,人就可能会中暑,这属于急症。中暑意味着你的身体已经无法处理当前的热度,你的核心体温太高。

Get urgent medical help.

这时你需要寻求紧急医疗救助。

The signs to watch for include feeling very unwell and confused and having trouble breathing.

中暑的迹象包括身体感觉极为不舒服、精神恍惚,以及感到呼吸困难。

Climate change is making heatwaves more frequent and intense. These become more dangerous when combined with high humidity, which is also increasing in a warmer world.

气候变化令出现高温热浪天气的频率更高、势头更猛。结合高湿度天气,这些高温热浪对人体的危害会增加,而在全球变暖的情况下,湿度也在升高。

下载

下载文字稿

人气排行
Copyright ©