[ 2006-11-22 11:25 ]
4720 West 49th Street . Denver, CO 80439 .
To contribute strong technical skills and experience in a Jr. Systems Analyst
- Rising systems professional with significant experience; computer literate
in multiple operating systems, programming languages, and software
applications with cutting-edge knowledge of technological changes and their
business implications; enthusiastic about applying new technologies, enhancing
current technical expertise, and applying transferable skill sets.
- Enthusiastic, knowledge-hungry self-starter, eager to meet challenges and
quickly assimilate newest and latest technologies, skills, concepts, and
- Highly analytical team player with aptitude for quickly scrutinizing
environments to identify and prioritize needs/risks and develop solutions.
- Creative troubleshooter/problem-solver who works hard and loves a
- Proven relationship-builder with exceptional interpersonal, communication,
and presentation skills.
- Culturally literate contributor with international experience, having
lived/worked/studied abroad; proficient in basic Japanese.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO,
SYSTEMS EXPERIENCE AND PROFICIENCY
- MS Word
- MS Excel
- Image Ready
- SQL, using Oracle 8
- some Visual Basic
Computer Cluster Technician, Academic Computing, University of
Colorado, Boulder, CO, Sept. 2001 to June 2002
- Perform all support and maintenance functions within 24 hours of trouble
- Inspect equipment at least twice weekly to proactively identify and solve
- Collaborate with Academic Computing Technical Support Manager to ensure
that computer clusters are functioning efficiently.
- Troubleshoot hardware, software, and network problems.
- Coordinate repairs with repair vendors.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of hardware and software news;
suggest/recommend improvements; monitor relevant newsgroups and email lists.
- Maintain accurate inventory and repair records.
Systems Planning Intern, Mikado Ltd., Kobe, Japan, Summer
- Served in Web-page consulting capacity.
- Interviewed company leaders from various departments on their business
practices, achievements, and goals to determine Web-page content.
- Created dynamic, interactive Web page using Flash for English-speaking
- Functioned as primary editor for English technical specifications manual.
- Communicated effectively with co-workers in Japanese.
- Adapted to new country, culture, work culture, and way of life.
- Successfully used software, including imaging programs, word processing
programs, and operating systems, entirely written in Japanese.
Intranet Training Intern, Rocky Mountain Systems, Denver, CO,
- Entrusted with reviewing intranet programs from up to 20 vendors and
selecting best program for company's 4,000+ employees worldwide.
- Researched and assembled list of candidate companies to develop
Intranet-based training program.
- Arranged business meetings between candidate companies and Executive Vice
President of Human Resources.
- Assisted in constructing Global Orientation program by collating and
translating materials gathered from various international offices.
- Took initiative to translate incoming documents written in other
- Participated in training and professional-development opportunities on
sales, advertising, customer relationship management, and presentation skills.
- Produced a Needs Analysis report on Rocky Mountain's human resources Web
- Communicated findings and research in final presentation attended by
executives, including CEO.
Technology Consultant, Semester at Sea, S.S. Universe Explorer,
- Supported users with hardware and software installations and issues on
shipboard, frequently in the face of rough maritime conditions.
- Performed troubleshooting for students with difficulties connecting their
computers to the network.
- Maintained and upgraded computer equipment.
- Diagnosed hardware and software problems on the cluster's, students', and
staffs' PC and Mac computers.
- Taught students how protect their computers from a virus that had infected
some shipboard computers and distributed virus-free disks.
- Recovered lost files and repaired damaged disks.
- Accurately documented inventory and repair records.
- Updated IT coordinator on all cluster issues, problems, and repairs.
Implementation Intern, ColoradoJobs.com, Boulder, CO, Summer
- Read and performed troubleshooting on coding problems; fixed HTML and Java
Conducted quality assurance tests on main Web site.
- Updated Web pages.
- Enhanced customer satisfaction by creating and improving logos of member
companies, using PhotoShop and Image Ready.
- Responded to customer questions on site-related technical issues.
University of Colorado Center for Technology and Innovation,
Tokyo, Japan, Spring 2001
- Studied Computer Organization and Design, Japanese, and Japanese religion
during a homestay program.
Semester at Sea, University of Pittsburgh, S.S. Universe
Explorer, Fall 1999
- Increased knowledge of cultural diversity and global interdependence
through semester-long, interdisciplinary program.
- Circumnavigated the world and traveled to 12 countries across Asia,
Africa, the Middle East, and Europe.
AWARDS AND ACTIVITIES
- University of Colorado's Dean's Award o Member, Society of Women Engineers
- DuPont Academic Excellence Scholar o Mentor, Partners in Academic
- National Achievement Commended o Ambassador, University of Colorado
Scholar Office of Admissions
（例文来源：quintcareers.com 英语点津 Annabel 编辑）