出差在外,到宾馆登记,如果顺利还好,如果不顺利,那可就糟糕了。
R: Good morning. Can I help you?
R:早上好。我能为您做些什么吗?
T: Good morning. I think there should be two rooms booked for us? In the
names of Tony Marshall and May Hunter.
T:早上好。我们订了两间房,名字是托尼o马歇尔和梅o亨特。
R: Umm, just a moment.
R:请稍等。
T: We're attending the 'Sun, Sea and Sand' conference and exhibition.
T:我们是来参加"太阳、海洋和沙滩"会展的。
R: Well sir, I'm afraid you have nothing booked. All we have left are two
small rooms at the front of the hotel. They will be a bit noisy I'm afraid, as
there is a pub opposite.
R:抱歉,先生,你们没有预订过房间。我们现在还剩两个宾馆前面的小间。恐怕会有点吵,因为对面有个酒吧。
T: What? That's terrible! How did that happen? What do you want to do May?
Should we find somewhere else?
T:什么?太糟糕了!怎么会这样呢?梅,你打算怎么办?我们去找其他宾馆吗?
M: Well, I suppose we have no choice, really. It's too late to find another
hotel now. We'll just have to take them.
M:我觉得我们没有选择了。去找其他的宾馆太迟了。我们就住这两间吧。
R: Right, so that's all booked now. We'll need you to sign a credit card
voucher in advance.
R :好的,那么就订这两间房了。你们需要提前签一下信用卡的单据。
T: OK. Oh no, I can't seem to find my card. And where's my wallet?
T:好的。哦,不,我找不到信用卡了。我钱包哪去了?
M: Did you leave it somewhere? In the taxi?
M:你把它丢在哪了吗?出租车上?
T: Oh no! I think I did, I left my wallet in the taxi. I put it on the seat
when we got in. Oh what a disaster!
T:哦,我想是的,我把钱包忘在出租车上了。我们上车的时候我把它放在座位上了。太糟糕了!
R: Careful sir, your briefcase!
R:先生,小心,你的公文包!
T: Aaagh! All over the floor. All my papers!
T:啊!我的文件散了一地!
R: Not to worry sir. We'll soon get them together.
R:别担心,我们马上就能收好。
T: Sorry, May. What a mess, oh what a mess! I'll have to phone the taxi
company to see if they found my wallet. Em, by the way, can you lend me some
change for the phone?
T:对不起,梅。太乱套了,太乱套了!我得给出租车公司打电话,看他们能不能找到我的钱包。哦,对了,你能借我点钱打电话吗?
M: OK. Here you are.
M:好的,给你。
(来源:BBC 实习生江巍 英语点津 Annabel 编辑)
我想了解更多职场英语