梅和托尼去参加展会。他们来到展会登记处办理手续。令他们高兴的是,事情进行的很顺利。
(CA =Conference Assistant, T = Tony, M = May)
CA: Good morning. Can I help you?
CA:早上好。需要帮忙吗?
M: Yes, good morning. Er, well, we've come to register for the conference.
I'm May Hunter and this is my colleague, Tony Marshall.
M:是的,早上好。我们是来参加展会的,想登记一下。我是梅o亨特,这是我同事托尼o马歇尔。
CA: Ah, yes. Here are your conference badges and this is your information
pack.
CA:好的。这是你们的会徽,这是资料袋。
T: Thanks. Is there somewhere we can get some coffee?
T:谢谢。我们可以去哪喝点咖啡吗?
CA: Of course. Now, you're with 'Comfort Tours', so your stand is number 35,
over there, right by the coffee shop. It should be open by now.
CA:当然。你们是"舒适旅行"公司,展位是35号,那边咖啡店旁边就是。现在应该开始营业了。
T: Thanks, that's great. That's a good place to have the stand, May, lots of
people will pass by, and we can always pop across for a coffee ourselves!
T:谢谢,太好了。梅,展位的位置很好啊,很多人都会从这路过,我们还可以随时过去喝杯咖啡。
M: Can we set up the stand now?
M:我们现在可以搭展位吗?
CA: Yes, whenever you wish.
CA:是的,随时都可以。
M: Oh look, there's the Conference manager. Shall we say hello? Excuse me...
M:哦,看,那是会展经理。我们去打个招呼吧?打扰一下……
CM: Oh, hello. Pleased to meet you. I'm John Smyth, the Conference Manager.
CM:哦,嗨,见到你很高兴。我叫约翰o史密斯,是会展经理。
M: Pleased to meet you.
M:见到你很高兴。
CM: If you need anything, just ask me or one of my staff.
CM:你们有什么需要就找我或者其他工作人员。
T: Thank you. Well, this is lucky. It looks as if the exhibition's
well-organised. I think we are going to have a good time here!
T:谢谢。我们运气不错。这会展看上去组织得很有条理。我们在这里会过得很愉快。
M: I suppose we should contact Head Office to report that we've got here ok?
M:我想我们应该跟总部联系,汇报一下我们的情况,怎么样?
T: Well... can't we do that tomorrow? Let's go and have a coffee!
T:哎呀,明天汇报不行吗?我们去喝杯咖啡吧!
M: OK. But after we have set up the stand, Tony!! And then we can go and look
at the other stands and the conference hall.
M:好吧,但是我们得先把展位搭好,托尼。然后再去看看其他展位和会议大厅。
T: That's a deal, May; stand first and then some
coffee.
T:那就这么说了,梅。先搭展台后喝咖啡。
(来源:BBC 实习生江巍 英语点津 Annabel 编辑)
我想了解更多职场英语