找到了有意向的代理商后,梅和托尼和代理商讨论要开展的业务和佣金问题。
(T = Tony, M = May, A = Anita)
M: Anita, thanks for coming. Perhaps we should start by telling you what we
are looking for, and then you can tell us what you think, ok?
安妮塔,谢谢你能过来。我想我们应该先告诉你我们需要合作方做的业务,然后你再谈谈你的想法,怎么样?
A: Fine.
好的
T: Yes, what we are looking for mainly is an agent in Britain to represent
us. Someone to help us with marketing...
嗯,我们主要需要一家代理商代理我们在英国的业务,包括市场业务……
M: Yeah, and dealing with any queries from
customers…
是的,解答顾客的问询……
T: Taking customer orders, dealing with any
problems…
接受顾客的订单,处理可能出现的任何问题……
M: Once they get on the plane, we look after them…
直道顾客登上飞机,我们来处理剩下的事情……
T: Yes. Really, someone to deal with everything here in Britain.
是的。处理在英国的所有业务。
A: Fine, I see no problem with that. We represent other companies in exactly
the same way.
我明白了,我想应该没有什么问题。我们为其他公司代理也是这样做的。
T: Well, perhaps now we should discuss payment? Commission, how do you
normally work?
那么,我们现在是不是该讨论一下报酬了?你们一般是怎么收取佣金的?
A: Well, normally, we work on a commission of around 14 percent for each
holiday booked.
哦,通常,我们对每张度假订单收取14%的佣金。
M: Oh, I think our boss usually pays around 8%. Is that right Tony?
哦,我想我们老板一般是支付8%的佣金。是不是,托尼?
T: I think so, but in this case it's a bit different.
我想是的。不过现在的情况不太一样。
A: You are talking about quite a lot of marketing, dealing with customers and
so on.
你们需要我们做很多的市场业务,客服等等。
M: Yeah, I can see that. But, we'd have to discuss it with head office first.
是的,我知道。但我们得先和总部谈一下。
T: Yes, we could phone them this afternoon, to discuss it with our boss.
是的,我们今天下午给总部打电话,和老板讨论这个问题。
A: Fine, and perhaps we can meet again to discuss it tomorrow?
好的,我想我们明天上午再讨论这个问题?
M: Fine. Good idea.
好啊,好主意。
(来源:BBC 实习生江巍 英语点津 Annabel 编辑)
我想了解更多职场英语