梅和托尼今天遇到的客户都比较棘手……
(M = May, T = Tony, C1= Customer1)
1)
T: Hello, can I help you?
你好,需要帮忙吗?
C1: Er, yes, young man. I want a holiday in Scotland please. I got this
brochure yesterday and I want to book today.
呃,是的,年轻人。我想去苏格兰旅游。我昨天拿了这本宣传册,今天想预定一下。
T: Em? Scotland? We don't do holidays in Scotland, I'm afraid madam.
呃?苏格兰?恐怕我们没有在苏格兰的旅游线路,夫人。
C1: But it says in your brochure, young man.
但是你们的宣传册里有啊,年轻人。
T: Em, let me see. I'm sorry madam, this is not our brochure. I'm afraid
you've made a mistake.
哦,让我看一下。抱歉夫人,这不是我们的宣传册,恐怕你弄错了。
C1: Young man, it says here...
年轻人,在这儿……
T: I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Perhaps you could try 'Norbrook Holidays', over
there?
抱歉,抱歉,我想你可以去Norbrook Holidays旅游公司问一下,就在那边。
C1 [mumbling as she leaves] Young people nowadays...
现在的年轻人啊……
M: Oh dear! This conference hasn't been good for business.
天啊!这个会展可真不怎么样!
T: No, not really, it's been very quiet today. We've only had three bookings
all morning!
是不怎么样,今天都没什么人来问。一上午只有三个客人来预定。
2)
(M = May, T = Tony, C2 = Customer2)
T: Yes, sir. Do you need any help?
你好,先生,需要帮忙吗?
C2: Er, yes. Can you tell me how much this holiday costs, please? On page 26?
呃,是的。这个旅游要多少钱?26页这个?
T: Em, yes sir. See there? It costs 858 pounds
哦,先生,在这里,858英镑。
C2: Ooooh, that's expensive! How long does it take?
哦,真贵啊!这个旅游要多长时间?
T: Em, it says there sir, 'This package takes two weeks'.
呃,这里,"旅行为期两周"。
C2: And when does it begin?
什么时候开始
T: It says here that it begins in September.
这里有说明,九月开始。
C2: Oh, I can't go in September! Er, do you do trips to Scotland?
哦,9月我去不了。嗯,你们有去苏格兰的旅游吗?
T: Er, no, not to Scotland, sir.
呃,没有,没有苏格兰的,先生。
C2: But I really want to go to Scotland.
可是我真的好想去苏格兰。
T: Er, I think you are looking for 'Norbrook Holidays', sir. Over there.
呃,我想你可以去Norbrook Holidays 公司问一下,就在那边。
C2: Thanks son.
谢谢你,年轻人。
T: This is such a waste of time! Why can't people read the brochures?
真是浪费时间!他们就不能自己看看宣传册吗?
M: Oh, never mind. It's the last day tomorrow.
哦,别在意。明天就是最后一天了。
(来源:BBC 实习生江巍 英语点津 Annabel 编辑)
我想了解更多职场英语