梅和托尼为公司找到了合适的代理商。在签订合作协议后,他们共进晚餐以示庆祝。遗憾的是,这次晚餐可谓劫难重重。
1)
(W= Waiter T= Tony M = May, A = Anita)
W: Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. Do you have a reservation?
晚上好,女士们先生们。你们有预定吗?
T: Yes we do, in the name of Marshall.
是的,名字是马歇尔。
W: Erm, I'm sorry sir. We don't seem to have any booking for you. How many
are you?
哦,抱歉先生,这里好像没有您的预定。您几位?
T: Er, we're six altogether.
呃,一共六位。
M: No reservation? Tony, didn't you phone?
没有预定?托尼,你没打电话吗?
T: Oh, I thought you did?
哦,我以为你打了呢。
W: Well, we do have one table. This way, sir. Can I take your coats?
嗯,我们还有一张空桌。这便请,先生。我帮您拿衣服吧。
T: Thank you.
谢谢。
W: Here you are sir, madam.
这里,先生,女士。
T: It's right by the kitchen! Haven't you got a better table?
在厨房旁边!你们没有更好位置的桌子了吗?
W: I'm very sorry, sir. This is the only one available.
很抱歉,先生,只有这一张了。
T: Well it'll have to do then. Have you been here before, Anita?
那也只有这样了。你来过这里吗,安妮塔?
A: No, I haven't, it's not very well known. I think it's new.
没有。这里不怎么出名,我想是新开的吧。
2)
(W= Waiter T= Tony M = May, A = Anita)
T: Um, this fish is cold and I could eat four of them, it's tiny!
哦,这鱼都凉了,也太小了,我一个人都能吃四条。
M: Yes, mine's a bit cold too. How's your seafood Anita?
是啊,我的也是凉的。安妮塔,你的海鲜怎么样?
A: OK, thanks. Have you enjoyed your time in Manchester?
还好,谢谢。你们在曼彻斯特过得还愉快吧?
T: Well, we like the city but we did have a few problems.
嗯,我们喜欢这个城市,不过还是遇到了一些问题。
A: Oh, that's a pity. But you saw something of the nightlife?
哦,真遗憾。感受过这里的夜生活吧?
T: Well, we did go out a lot. We had a good time actually.
哦,我们经常出去。在这儿我们确实过得很愉快。
W: Excuse me, sir, the bill.
先生,打扰一下,这是账单。
T: Goodness! Two hundred and twenty pounds!
天啊!两百二十镑!
M: What!
什么!
(来源:BBC 实习生江巍 英语点津 Annabel 编辑)
我想了解更多职场英语