梅和托尼就展会的进行向老板汇报工作,这天可是很糟糕。
(C =Customer, T = Tony, M = May, B = Boss)
C: Excuse me?
C:打扰了。
M: Hello. Can I help you?
M:你好,有什么需要吗?
C: Er, no. Can you tell me where the toilets are, please?
C:哦,不是。你知道洗手间在哪吗?
M: Hmm. Yes, they are over there.
M:哦,在那边。
T: This is terrible, May. I'm going to phone head office to talk about it.
T:太糟糕了,梅。我要打电话回总部汇报一下。
M: OK and ask them to send us some more brochures and order forms.
M:好吧,让他们再送点宣传册和定单来。
T: Hello? Hello? Hello, this is Tony, phoning from England. We're at the
conference.
T:喂?喂?你好,我是托尼,我从英国打来的,我们在展会呢。
B: Hello Tony. Is it all going well? Is everything OK?
B:你好,托尼。一切顺利吗?
T: Well, a few problems actually. The exhibition stand is right at the back
and it's tiny. And we have very few brochures and order forms.
T:其实是有些问题。我们的展位很小,在最后边。我们的宣传册和定单也很少。
B: Hello, Tony. Can you hear me?
B:喂,托尼,能听到吗?
T: Yes.
T:能。
B: That sounds terrible. We ordered a stand near the entrance! Didn't you
talk to the conference manager?
B:听起来很糟糕啊。我们订的展位是靠近入口的,你没和展会经理谈吗?
T: Yes, but...
T:谈了,可是……
B: I want you to deal with it today, please, Tony! We spent a lot of money on
that stand and we'll send the brochures immediately.
B:我希望你今天把这事解决。我们订那个展位花了很多钱的,宣传册会立刻送过去的。
T: Well, I'll do my best, but I don't think we can change it.
T:好吧,我尽力,但是我觉得改变不了了。
B: Tony, if you can't do it then I'll phone the conference manager myself.
And another thing, can you try to find a good agent there to act for us in
Britain? Did you remember? To help with the publicity and so on?
B:托尼,如果你解决不了,我会亲自给展会经理打电话。另外,你能不能在那边找个好的代理?还记得这件事吗?找个代理为我们做宣传之类的活动。
T: OK. I'll do my best. I'll phone you again tomorrow, bye.
T:好的,我会尽力的,明天再给你打电话,再见。
C: Excuse me...
C:打扰了。
T: Yes, can I help you?
T:需要帮忙吗?
C: Can you tell me the way to the toilets, please?
C:知道洗手间怎么走吗?
(来源:BBC 实习生江巍 英语点津 Annabel 编辑)
我想了解更多职场英语