首页  | 实用口语

熬夜付款后,如何用英语表达“我很穷”?

沪江英语微信公众号  2020-11-12 15:51

分享到微信

双十一到了,经过剁手盛宴,“尾款人”们的钱包还好吗?是时候来学习一下如何用英语表达“贫穷”了。

A global shopping festival ceremony is held in Hangzhou, capital of Zhejiang province, on Wednesday to celebrate the Nov 11 shopping extravaganza. [Photo by Li Zhenyu/For China Daily]

1 strapped

身无分文的,资金短少的

I'm a little strapped.

我手头有点紧。

I'd love to go to dinner with you guys, but I'm a bit strapped for cash.

我很想和你们一起吃晚餐,可是我手头有点紧。

 

2 as poor as a church mouse

一贫如洗

Although very rich in his youth, he is now as poor as a church mouse.

虽然年轻时很有钱,他现在却穷得一贫如洗。

I'm as poor as a church mouse!

我穷到吃土。

 

3 broke

破产的

I'm broke.

我身无分文。

Balton went broke twice in his career.

巴尔顿一生中经历了两次破产。

 

4 run out of dough

没有面团了/没钱了

I've run out of dough.

我没钱了。

 

5 scrape by

勉强度日

Borrowing money from friends and relatives helped him to scrape by.

他全靠亲朋好友的接济度日!

 

6 not have a bean

没有钱

I don't have a bean.

我连一个子儿都没了。

 

7 hand to mouth

勉强糊口

We lived from hand to mouth, never knowing where the next meal was coming from.

我们日子过得紧紧巴巴的,从来是吃了上顿没下顿。

 

8 Keep body and soul together

挣钱糊口

I hate my job, but I have to keep body and soul together somehow.

我讨厌我的工作,但不管怎么样我得挣钱糊口。

 

9 make both ends meet

勉强维持生计

With five children in college, Steve still manages to make both ends meet.

有五个小孩在念大学,史蒂夫还是有办法维持家计。

 

10 poverty

贫困

poverty line贫困线

poverty-stricken一贫如洗的

My family were living below the poverty line when I was little.

我很小的时候,我们家生活在贫困线以下。

The program was to help those poverty-stricken families.

该计划是为了帮助贫困不堪的家庭。

 

(来源:沪江英语微信公众号  编辑:yaning)

中国日报网英语点津版权说明:凡注明来源为“中国日报网英语点津:XXX(署名)”的原创作品,除与中国日报网签署英语点津内容授权协议的网站外,其他任何网站或单位未经允许不得非法盗链、转载和使用,违者必究。如需使用,请与010-84883561联系;凡本网注明“来源:XXX(非英语点津)”的作品,均转载自其它媒体,目的在于传播更多信息,其他媒体如需转载,请与稿件来源方联系,如产生任何问题与本网无关;本网所发布的歌曲、电影片段,版权归原作者所有,仅供学习与研究,如果侵权,请提供版权证明,以便尽快删除。
人气排行
中国日报网 英语点津微信
中国日报网 双语小程序