首页  | 实用口语

表达恐惧,只会用scared?试试这些俚语!(1)

沪江英语  2020-11-17 15:10

分享到微信

你有没有想过用一个短语来表达你害怕或恐惧?也许你甚至想用一个成语描述一个可怕的情况?来学习一些新的、有趣的表达恐惧的方式。

Grayson Savio@graysonsavio/unsplash

1 Heebie-jeebies

焦躁不安

These unusual words are used to express a feeling of fear and being uncomfortable.

这些不寻常的词语用来表达恐惧和不舒服的感觉。

That movie gave me the heebie-jeebies.

那部电影让我焦躁不安。

 

2 Make your blood run cold

胆战心惊

Many people say that when they are scared, it makes them feel very cold all of a sudden.

很多人说当他们害怕的时候,会突然感到血液凝结。

My blood ran cold it scared me so much.

它吓到我胆战心惊。

 

3 Jumped out of my skin!

魂飞魄散

Have you ever gotten scared so quickly that it felt like your whole body jumped without you even moving?

你有没有过这么快就被吓到魂飞魄散?

It was such a fright that I jumped out of my skin!

这太可怕了,吓到我魂飞魄散!

 

4 Heart missed a beat

心惊肉跳

When you become afraid from one moment to the next, it may feel like your heart stopped for a moment.

当你从一个时刻到另一个时刻变得害怕时,你的心可能会停下来一会儿。

I got so scared that my heart missed a beat.

我太害怕了,我感到心惊肉跳。

 

5 Scared out of my wits

魂不附体

Having your wits means being in control of yourself. Being scared out of your wits is like saying you lost control of yourself because you were so afraid.

拥有你的智慧意味着控制你自己。被吓得魂不附体就像是说你因为害怕而失去了自我控制。

I was scared out of my wits!

我吓坏了!

 

6 Scared the living daylights out of me!

吓到半死

This idiom is unique and refers to being so terrified that it may have felt like the lights were turned off suddenly and you were in the dark or dead even.

这个成语很独特,指的是害怕得像突然关灯,甚至在黑暗中死去。

When you jumped out, it scared the living daylights out of me!

当你跳出来的时候,它把我吓坏了!

 

7 Shook like a leaf

瑟瑟发抖

Just like a leaf sways in the wind, when frightened many of us shake uncontrollably.

就像一片树叶在风中摇曳,当我们中的许多人受到惊吓时,无法控制地颤抖。

 

8 Quaking in my boots

瑟瑟发抖

Quaking means to start shaking.

Quaking意味着开始颤抖。

It was such a scary situation that I was quaking in my boots!

这是一个非常可怕的情况,吓得我瑟瑟发抖!

 

9 Scared stiff

毛骨悚然

In some cases people become so afraid that they cannot move, they freeze.

在某些情况下,人们变得如此害怕,以至于不能移动,他们一动不动。

When the bank robbers began to shoot their guns, I was scared stiff and couldn’t run away.

当银行劫匪开始开枪的时候,我吓得僵硬,不敢逃跑。

 

10 Act of God

天灾

When many natural disasters occur, people will use this idiom to describe it as something very powerful.

当许多自然灾害发生时,人们会用这个成语来形容它是非常强大的。

That earthquake was so intense; it was like an act of God!

那场地震太强烈了,简直是天灾!

 

(来源:沪江英语  编辑:yaning)

中国日报网英语点津版权说明:凡注明来源为“中国日报网英语点津:XXX(署名)”的原创作品,除与中国日报网签署英语点津内容授权协议的网站外,其他任何网站或单位未经允许不得非法盗链、转载和使用,违者必究。如需使用,请与010-84883561联系;凡本网注明“来源:XXX(非英语点津)”的作品,均转载自其它媒体,目的在于传播更多信息,其他媒体如需转载,请与稿件来源方联系,如产生任何问题与本网无关;本网所发布的歌曲、电影片段,版权归原作者所有,仅供学习与研究,如果侵权,请提供版权证明,以便尽快删除。
人气排行
中国日报网 英语点津微信
中国日报网 双语小程序