生活的忠告
[ 2006-07-17 10:29 ]
Today we have higher buildings and wider highways, but shorter temperaments and narrower points of view; 如今,我们住的楼房更高、走的路更宽阔,但我们的性情却变得急躁,眼光也变得狭隘。
We spend more, but enjoy less;
我们付出的更多,享受到的却更少;
We have bigger houses, but smaller families;
我们的住房更大,但我们的家庭却更小;
We have more compromises, but less time;
我们做出的让步更多,但是时间更少;
We have more knowledge, but less judgment;
我们拥有了更多的知识,但判断力却更差;
We have more medicines, but less health;
我们有了更多的药品,但健康状况却更不如意;
We have multiplied our possessions, but reduced our values;
我们拥有了更多的财富,但价值观却在沦丧;
We talk much, we love only a little, and we hate too much;
我们说的多了,爱的却少了,仇恨也更多了;
We reached the Moon and came back, but we find it troublesome to cross our own street and meet our neighbors;
我们可以往返月球,却难以迈出一步去问候一下我们的左邻右舍;
We have conquered the outer space, but not our inner space;
我们可以征服太空,却征服不了自己的内心;
We have higher income, but less morals;
我们的收入增加了,但道德却变少了;
These are times with more liberty, but less joy;
我们的时代更加自由了,但拥有的快乐时光却越来越少;
We have much more food, but less nutrition;
我们有了更多的食物,但得到的营养却越来越少;
These are the days in which it takes two salaries for each home, but divorces increase;
如今每个家庭都可以有双份收入,但离婚的现象越来越多了;
These are times of finer houses, but more broken homes;
如今的住房越来越精致,但破碎的家庭也越来越多;
That's why I propose, that as of today;
这就是我为什么要说,让我们从今天开始;
You do not keep anything for a special occasion, because every day that you live is a SPECIAL OCCASION.
不要将一切都为某一天而准备,因为你生活的每一天都是那么特别;
Search for knowledge, read more, sit on your porch and admire the view without paying attention to your needs;
不断汲取知识,多读一些书,坐在家里的前廊上,用赞美的眼光去享受眼前的风景,不要带有任何功利的想法;
Spend more time with your family and friends, eat your favorite foods, visit the places you love;
多花点时间和朋友与家人在一起,吃你爱吃的食物,去你想去的地方;
Life is a chain of moments of enjoyment; not only about survival;
生活是一串串的快乐时光;我们不仅仅是为了生存而生存;
Use your crystal goblets. Do not save your best perfume, and use it every time you feel you want it.
举起你的水晶酒杯吧。不要吝啬洒上你最好的香水,想用的时候就用吧!
Remove from your vocabulary phrases like "one of these days" or "someday";
将所谓的"有那么一天"或"某一天"从你的字典中删掉;
Let's write that letter we thought of writing "one of these days"!
曾打算"在那么一天"要写的信,就在今天提笔吧!
Let's tell our families and friends how much we love them;
告诉家人和朋友,你是多么的爱他们;
Do not delay anything that adds laughter and joy to your life;
做一切可以给你的生活带来欢笑与快乐的事情;
Every day, every hour, and every minute is special, and you don't know if it will be your last.
每一天、每一小时、每一分钟都是那么特别;你无法知道这是否是你的最后一刻。
(英语点津姗姗编辑)
|