文化面面观 时装设计师 Christian Dior 和 John
影片对白 Andy: Hi.
Nigel: Hi. All right. Turn around, darling.
Andy: Oh, I get it. I get it. I get it. I get it. The piece is called "urban
Nigel: Yes, the modern woman unleashes the animal within to
the big city. Good. Go. Sometimes I can't
believe I talk about this crap all day. Bobby, come here.
Andy: Oh, thank you. Thank you.
Nigel: Let me see. Make sure Miranda gets these as soon as possible.
Nigel: And tell her I switched in the Dior for the Rocha.
Andy: Oh, great. Can't wait.
Nigel: Excuse me. Can we adjust the attitude?
Andy: I'm sorry.
Nigel: Don't make me feed you to one of the models.
Andy: Sorry. It's a busy day. My personal life is
, that's all.
hanging by a thread
Nigel: Oh, join the club. That's what happens when you start doing well at
work, darling. Let me know when your whole life
. That means it's time for a promotion.
up in smoke 妙语佳句，活学活用
1. Take on
Take on 常用的意思有下面几种：
1) Undertake or begin to deal with，例如：I took on new responsibilities.
2) Hire, engage，例如：We take on extra workers during the busy season.
3) Oppose in competition，例如：This young wrestler was willing to take on all
4) Acquire as, or as if, one's own, 例如：He took on the look of a
5) Display strong emotion, 例如：Don't take on so.
2. Hang by a thread
这个片语也写作hang by a hair，意思是"depend on a small thing or be at risk"，例如：
life now hangs by a thread. 他命悬一线。
sword 也成为一个表达，表示"即将到来的危险"，例如：The likelihood of lay-offs has been a sword of
Damocles over the department for months. 部门可能要裁员的消息让这几个月来每个人都提心吊胆。