Carl (talks to himself): Hey, Carl. Do you wanna give all your money away to a homeless guy? Yes, yes, I do. How about letting him burn out your phone battery so you can't call AAA when you run out of gas? You know what? That sounds like a fucking great idea!!! Why don't you take a late-night stroll through the hills and get killed by the Manson family? Don't mind if I do. Come on, man. Yes. Since that's my only fucking option. Would you like to carry a 20-pound container of gas up a giant hill to your car? Oh, could I? Could I really?
Allison: (takes a picture of Carl) That's a good look.
Carl: Oh. Hi. Did you just take my picture?
Allison: Maybe. Did you just run out of gas?
Allison: That sucks. That happened to me last week.
Carl: When you were driving ridiculously far out of your way to drop off a homeless guy who wore out your phone battery so you couldn't call AAA?
Allison: Er...No. I take it that's what happened to you.
Carl: No. Why would you assume that?
Allison: He used up your phone?
Carl: Yeah. Apparently he was the most popular homeless man on the planet. He was staying connected. It was good to see. I'm just glad that I could be a part of it, really.
Allison: That must feel good.
Carl: Oh, truly, truly. Yeah. And I'm getting some exercise, which is cool.
Allison: Well, do you need a ride?
Carl: On that thing?
Allison: Am I going too fast for you?
Carl: No. In fact, I think you should go faster. That way if we crash, at least I'll die. I just don't wanna be kept alive artificially. What are you doing?
Allison: I'm taking a picture. Smile.
Carl: I can't see. I'm blind.
Allison: Me too. Isn't it great? Whoo!
Carl: Yeah, that's getting it good. Yep. Well, thanks again for the ride.
Allison: No problem. Hopefully the color will return to your face sometime soon.
Carl: I'm more of a four-wheel kind of guy.
Allison: Really? I never would've guessed that. You seemed so at ease on two. Can I have my helmet back now?
Carl: I'm still wearing it, aren't I?
Allison: So you okay?
Carl: Yeah, I'm good, unless you wanna stick around and make out.
Carl: What did you say? Hey, I-- (Allison kisses Carl)
Allison: Have a good night.
1. burn out one's phone battery: 把电话电池用光。burn out有“耗尽，使耗尽”的意思。例如：
The soil burns out under constant heavy cropping.
You must not burn yourself out in a blaze of energy.
2. AAA: American Automobile Association 美国汽车协会
3. take a stroll: 散步，溜达，闲逛。stroll可以作名词用，例如：a short stroll before supper（晚饭前的短暂散步），也可以作动词用，例如：stroll along the beach（沿海滩漫步）。
4. out of one's way: 不在预期的路线（或轨道）上。影片中Carl指他特地开车送乞丐去他的目的地，而不是顺路搭载。
5. wear out: （使）耗尽。burn out/wear out battery都是“把电池用光”的意思。看一下例子：My patience wore out/was worn out at last.（我最后失去了耐心。）
He is worn out with domestic worry.（他被家里的烦恼事弄得疲惫不堪。）
What with his drinking and what with his jealousy, he wore himself out.
wear out也可以表示“消磨，打发（时间）”，例如：wear out idle days（闲度时日）。
6. be kept alive artificially: Carl的意思是说如果出车祸的话，他宁愿当场死亡，也不愿意落得个半死不活。
7. I'm more of four-wheel kind of guy: 我更习惯坐汽车出行。more of的意思是“更大程度上的……”，看一下例子：He is more of a poet than a musician.（与其说他是个音乐家还不如说他是个诗人。）
8. at ease: 自在，不拘束。请看例子：
He was never at his ease with Frank.（他跟弗兰克在一起总是感到很不自在。）
9. stick around: 逗留，留下。看一下例子：
I ought to stick around if you are going to be out.
Stick around for a while, he will soon be back.（请等一会儿，他马上就会回来。）
10. make out: <俚> 亲吻爱抚。影片中Carl一不小心脱口说出了他下意识的想法。