当前位置: Language Tips> 名著选读
分享到
拉宾德拉纳特 · 泰戈尔(Rabindranath Tagore,1861年—1941年),印度著名诗人、文学家、社会活动家、哲学家和印度民族主义者。1861年5月7日,拉宾德拉纳特·泰戈尔出生于印度加尔各答一个富有的贵族家庭。1913年,他以《吉檀迦利》成为第一位获得诺贝尔文学奖的亚洲人。他的诗中含有深刻的宗教和哲学的见解,在印度享有史诗的地位,代表作有《吉檀迦利》、《飞鸟集》、《眼中沙》、《四个人》、《家庭与世界》、《园丁集》、《新月集》、《最后的诗篇》、《戈拉》、《文明的危机》等。
5月7日是泰戈尔诞辰153周年纪念日,我们选取他诗歌中的一些经典名句与大家共赏。
By plucking her petals you do not gather the beauty of the flower.
采撷花瓣得不到花的美丽。
The furthest distance in the world,Is not between life and death. But when I stand in front of you,Yet you don't know that I love you.
世界上最遥远的距离不是生与死,而是我就站在你面前,你却不知道我爱你。
Sorrow is hushed into peace in my heart like the evening among the silent trees.
忧愁在我心中沉寂平静,正如黄昏在寂静的林中。
I cannot choose the best. The best chooses me.
我不能选择那最好的,是那最好的选择我。
Stray birds of summer come to my window to sing and fly away. And yellow leaves of autumn, which have no songs, flutter and fall there with a sigh.
夏天的飞鸟,飞到我窗前唱歌,又飞去了。 秋天的黄叶,他们没有什麼可唱的,只是叹息一声,飞落在那里。
Let life be beautiful like summer flowers and death like autumn leaves.
使生如夏花之绚烂,死如秋叶之静美。
We read the world wrong and say that it deceives us.
我们把世界看错了,反说它欺骗我们。
You smiled and talked to me of nothing and I felt that for this I had been waiting long.
你微微地笑着,不同我说什么话。而我觉得,为了这个,我已等待得久了。
If you shed tears when you miss the sun, you also miss the stars.
如果你因失去了太阳而流泪,那么你也失去了群星。
What you are you do not see, what you see is your shadow.
你看不见你自己,你所看见的只是你的影子。
The scabbard is content to be dull when it protects the keenness of the sword.
剑鞘保护剑的锋利,自己却满足於它自己的迟钝。
(中国日报网英语点津 Helen 编辑)
上一篇 : 爱情恒久远——对你的伴侣说这10句话
下一篇 : 14种飞机“怪咖”邻座(双语)
分享到
关注和订阅
电话:8610-84883645
传真:8610-84883500
Email: languagetips@chinadaily.com.cn