当前位置: Language Tips> 实用口语

那些有关爱情的习语(一)

沪江英语 2017-05-08 11:01

分享到

 

地道是学习语言的不变追求,本文整理了25个关于爱情的地道习语,希望对大家有所帮助。今天先来看看第一部分。

那些有关爱情的习语(一)

1.FALL IN LOVE WITH SOMEBODY
1.坠入爱河

start feeling love towards somebody
对某人产生感情

I think I’m falling in love with my best friend. What should I do?
我好像喜欢上了自己的好朋友,怎么办?

2. LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT
2.一见钟情

falling in love with somebody the first time you see them
初次见面,便喜欢某人

My wife and I met at a party. It was love at first sight.
我和妻子在一次聚会上相识。我们一见钟情。

3. BE AN ITEM
3.确立恋爱关系

two people are an item when they are having a romantic relationship
两人交往时确立恋爱关系

I didn’t know Chris and Sue was an item. They didn’t even look at each other at dinner.
我一点也没发现克里斯和苏在一起了。他们俩吃饭时从不看彼此。

4. MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN
4.天作之合

a relationship in which the two people are great together, because they complement each other so well
一段恋爱中,两人十分融洽,因为他们有了彼此才完整。

Do you think Matt and Amanda will get married?
你认为马特和阿曼达会结婚吗?

-I hope they will. They’re a match made in heaven.
-希望如此。他俩简直是绝配。

5. BE HEAD OVER HEELS (IN LOVE)
5.死心塌地

be in love with somebody very much
深深陷入爱情

Look at them. They’re head over heels in love with each other.
看他们,爱的死心塌地,神魂颠倒。

6. BE LOVEY-DOVEY
6.卿卿我我

expressing your love in public by constantly kissing and hugging
在公众场合亲吻拥抱,卿卿我我。

I don’t want to go out with Jenny and David. They’re so lovey-dovey, I just can’t stand it.
我不想跟詹妮和大卫一起出去。他俩总是卿卿我我,真让人受不了。

7. HAVE THE HOTS FOR SOMEBODY
7.为某人所倾倒

finding somebody extremely attractive
认为某人格外耀眼

Nadine has the hots for the new apprentice. I wouldn’t be surprised if she asked him out.
纳丁总是为新学徒所吸引。要是她约他出去,我一点也会不惊讶。

8. PUPPY LOVE
8.初恋

short-term adolescent love
少男少女之间的短暂爱情

My son is only twelve, but he’s already in love. Isn’t it a bit too early?
我儿子虽然才十二岁,但已经开始恋爱了。会不会太早了?

-Don’t worry, it’s only puppy love. It won’t last.
-别担心,初恋是短暂的。

9. DOUBLE DATE
9.四人约会

two couples going out together on a date
两对恋人一起约会

I’m so glad you and Tom’s brother are an item. From now on we can go on double-dates.
你能和汤姆的兄弟在一起真是太好了。现在我们可以一起约会了。

10. ON THE ROCKS
10.濒于破裂

if there are problems in a relationship, we may say it’s on the rocks
如果关系中出现问题,可以用濒于破裂形容

I wonder if they will call off the wedding. Their relationship seems to be on the rocks.
我觉得他们很难修成正果。毕竟二人之间的关系趋于破裂。

11. LOVE RAT
11.负心汉

somebody who cheats on his/her partner
某人有外遇

Don’t even think about asking Jane out. How could you look your wife in the eye? Don’t be a love rat.
不要妄想约珍出来。想想要怎么面对自己的妻子?别做负心汉。

12. POP THE QUESTION
12.求婚

ask somebody to marry you
向某人求婚

So, did Ben pop the question last night? -No, he didn’t. He just took me out for dinner and that’s all.

那么,班向你求婚了么? -没有,只是约我出去吃饭。

(来源:沪江英语  作者:葡萄小丸子 编辑:Julie)

 

分享到

中国日报网英语点津版权说明:凡注明来源为“中国日报网英语点津:XXX(署名)”的原创作品,除与中国日报网签署英语点津内容授权协议的网站外,其他任何网站或单位未经允许不得非法盗链、转载和使用,违者必究。如需使用,请与010-84883561联系;凡本网注明“来源:XXX(非英语点津)”的作品,均转载自其它媒体,目的在于传播更多信息,其他媒体如需转载,请与稿件来源方联系,如产生任何问题与本网无关;本网所发布的歌曲、电影片段,版权归原作者所有,仅供学习与研究,如果侵权,请提供版权证明,以便尽快删除。

中国日报网双语新闻

扫描左侧二维码

添加Chinadaily_Mobile
你想看的我们这儿都有!

中国日报双语手机报

点击左侧图标查看订阅方式

中国首份双语手机报
学英语看资讯一个都不能少!

关注和订阅

本文相关阅读
人气排行
热搜词
 
精华栏目
 

阅读

词汇

视听

翻译

口语

合作

 

关于我们 | 联系方式 | 招聘信息

Copyright by chinadaily.com.cn. All rights reserved. None of this material may be used for any commercial or public use. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited. 版权声明:本网站所刊登的中国日报网英语点津内容,版权属中国日报网所有,未经协议授权,禁止下载使用。 欢迎愿意与本网站合作的单位或个人与我们联系。

电话:8610-84883645

传真:8610-84883500

Email: languagetips@chinadaily.com.cn