生活压力增大、睡眠已经成为困扰很多人的一件事情。睡到自然醒、睡个回笼觉,俨然已经成为很奢侈的一件事情。今天我们就来盘点一下那些跟睡觉有关的表达。
1. 回笼觉 unprotected sleep
什么叫unprotected sleep?字面上理解是无保护的睡眠或风险睡眠,指的是turning off your alarm clock and immediately going back to sleep; risking not waking up for a job, class, or other daily task. 冒着工作、上班等迟到的风险关掉闹钟睡回笼觉,这是不是很多人每天生活的真实写照?
e.g. I'm lucky that I didn't miss my final exam after having 30 minutes of unprotected sleep.
我真走运,睡了30分钟的回笼觉还没错过期末考试。
2. 自然醒 wake up naturally without alarm clock
有研究表明早上被闹钟吵醒容易造成神经衰弱现象,可是试问现在有哪个人早上不是被闹钟吵醒的?当然也有闹钟吵不醒的筒子们。ditch the alarm clock是需要很大勇气的!
e.g. The second school says you should listen to your body's needs and go to bed when you're tired and get up when you naturally wake up.
另外一种观点认为你应该按照你身体的需求,累了之后就睡觉,一觉睡到自然醒。
3. 那些关于“睡觉”的短语:
have a cat nap 打个小盹
e.g. After working in the garden all morning, I had a cat nap before lunch.
我在花园里干了一上午的活儿,所以午饭前小睡了一会儿。
doze off 打瞌睡
e.g. Why did you doze off again when you're at work?
你怎麽又在上班时间打瞌睡?
have a siesta 午睡
e.g. They have a siesta during the hottest part of the day.
他们会在一天中最热的时候午睡一会儿。
do not sleep a wink 一夜没合眼
e.g. The neighbors were having a party and we couldn't sleep a wink last night.
邻居举行晚会, 吵得我们一夜都没合眼。
hit the sack 倒头就睡
e.g. Louis was so tired that he hit the sack soon after supper.
路易斯太累了,所以吃过晚饭就早早上床睡觉了。
light sleeper 睡觉轻的人
e.g. I told my girlfriend that I'm a light sleeper, and that the slightest disturbance will wake me up.
我告诉我女朋友我睡觉很容易醒,最细小的动静也会把我惊醒。
sleep around the clock 睡了一整天
e.g. I'm so tired that I can sleep around the clock.
我太累了,可能已经睡了整整一天。
caught napping 毫无准备,措手不及
e.g. Their competitors are caught napping while they are responding to complex prospect requirements.
他们正在回应复杂的潜在客户需求,而竞争对手却措手不及。
(来源:21英语 编辑:刘明)