当前位置: Language Tips> 双语新闻

研究:女性每天至少“嫌弃”自己8次

Women criticise themselves at least 8 times a day

中国日报网 2016-01-11 10:10

分享到

 

研究:女性每天至少“嫌弃”自己8次

The average woman criticises herself at least eight times a day, a study has found.
研究显示,普通女性每天至少会“嫌弃”自己八次。

A worrying trend of negativity among women was revealed by a survey of 2,000 women - with one in seven women admitting to criticising themselves regularly throughout their day.
这项由2000名女性参加的调查显示出女性群体令人担忧的消极自我认知:七分之一的女性承认自己每天都会时不时地“嫌弃”自己。

Most of those surveyed wanted to lose weight, and image-based criticisms were by far the most prevalent.
大部分受访女性表示想要减肥——就目前看来,针对个人形象的“自我嫌弃”是最普遍的。

Not earning enough money and deliberately deflecting compliments were other common put-downs.
“嫌自己赚钱不多”以及“有意曲解他人的称赞”是其他几个常见的自我贬低方式。

Selfies and social media platforms such as Instagram were blamed as being a driving force behind today's visual culture.
自拍和诸如Instagram等社交媒体平台被认为是当今“看脸”文化的始作俑者。

Women are bombarded with images of perfection while at the same time expected to balance both working lives and family lives, which experts concluded led to women's critical relationships with themselves.
女性不断受到完美女人形象的视觉轰炸,并同时承受着平衡好工作和家庭的期待。专家们认为:正是这些现实因素导致了女性对自身的不满。

Lifestyle judgements were also found to be prevalent, including not earning enough money or having the 'right' job.
同样普遍的是她们对自己生活方式的不满,比如收入不高,对目前工作不满意等等。

'Today's hectic and visually-driven world has meant that we're seeing a rise in women being self-critical, from the way they look to the way they feel at work,' said Zoe Griffiths, Head of Public Health and Programme at Weight Watchers, which conducted the survey.
国际减肥协会公共卫生和计划主管佐伊·格里菲斯是本次调查的负责人。她表示:“在这个快节奏的看脸的世界,无论是在外形长相上还是工作状态方面,越来越多的女性开始自我否定。”

'Our research has shown that being unkind to ourselves has been an underlying theme for women for many years, but a set of very modern cultural conditions have increased the intensity of this unkindness which are hard to avoid.
“研究表明,女性更倾向于苛求自身,多年来这个问题一直存在。但当代文化现状导致这种无法避免的严苛进一步加深了。”

'At Weight Watchers we know that to adopt a healthy lifestyle it is important to build a better relationship with yourself in order to make a positive change.'
“通过国际减肥协会我们知道,为了实现健康的生活方式、达到积极的改变,我们应该与自身建立良好的关系。”

The findings also showed that women begin berating themselves early in the day, with almost half of those surveyed - 46 per cent - admitting to criticising themselves at least once before 9.30am.
调查结果还显示,女性从早晨就开始了自我责备:近一半(46%)的调查对象承认,自己每天上午9点半前至少会自责一次。

What's more, the study found that 42 per cent of women admitted to never complimenting themselves, while the remainder gave themselves a positive thought or 'pat on the back' just once a day.
此外,研究发现42%的女性从未赞美过自己,而剩下58%的女性每天只会对自己赞扬或鼓励一次。

The bursts of self-criticism are most common when looking in a mirror or out clothes shopping, with a concerning 60 per cent of women admitting to having days where they felt they criticised themselves constantly throughout the day.
当她们照镜子或逛街买衣服时,“自我嫌弃”的情绪往往会达到峰值。60%的女性承认总会有那么几天,她们整天都觉得自己这也不对、那也不对。

The research was conducted as part of WomanKind, a nationwide campaign that explores why modern women are unkind to themselves and how they can counter the habit.
该研究是“WomanKind”组织推出的系列活动的一部分。WomanKind旨在探索当代女性为何难以与自己“和解”,以及她们如何克服这一习惯性行为。

THE 20 MOST COMMON WAYS THAT A WOMAN CRITICISES HERSELF
女性“嫌弃”自己的20种常见方式

1. You're too fat/overweight
太胖了/超重了

2. Your hair is a mess
头发乱糟糟的

3. Your belly looks big
肚子上赘肉太多

4. You don't do enough exercise
运动不足

5. Feeling scruffy next to other women
在其他女人旁边感觉自己太邋遢了

6. Not earning enough money
收入不高

7. You say you are having a 'fat day'
一天都在懊恼自己太胖

8. Not wearing certain items of clothing because you think you can't pull it off
不敢穿某类衣服,觉得自己驾驭不了那种款式

9. You wish you were as photogenic as other women on social media
希望自己像社交媒体上的其他女性一样上相

10. You deflect compliments by saying something negative about yourself
受到称赞后故意说贬低自己的话来转移赞美

11. You worry people are talking about you behind your back
担心别人在背后议论自己

12. Feeling underdressed
感觉自己穿的太朴素

13. I'm not stylish enough
一点儿都不时尚

14. You don't have sex with your partner enough
和伴侣的性生活次数不够多

15. You aren't as creative as other women
不像其他女人那么有创意

16. Your bum looks big
屁股太大

17. You aren't as organised as other women
不像其他女人那样整理东西井井有条

18. You don't spend as much time with your friends as you should
跟闺蜜在一起的时间太少

19. You're not wearing enough make-up
妆容不够精致

20. You aren't attractive to your partner
对伴侣没有吸引力

Vocabulary
hectic:忙碌的
berate:严责;申斥
photogenic:上照的;适于摄影的

英文来源:每日邮报
译者:懵懵zoe、张媛媛
审校&编辑:齐磊、杜娟

 

分享到

中国日报网英语点津版权说明:凡注明来源为“中国日报网英语点津:XXX(署名)”的原创作品,除与中国日报网签署英语点津内容授权协议的网站外,其他任何网站或单位未经允许不得非法盗链、转载和使用,违者必究。如需使用,请与010-84883561联系;凡本网注明“来源:XXX(非英语点津)”的作品,均转载自其它媒体,目的在于传播更多信息,其他媒体如需转载,请与稿件来源方联系,如产生任何问题与本网无关;本网所发布的歌曲、电影片段,版权归原作者所有,仅供学习与研究,如果侵权,请提供版权证明,以便尽快删除。

中国日报网双语新闻

扫描左侧二维码

添加Chinadaily_Mobile
你想看的我们这儿都有!

中国日报双语手机报

点击左侧图标查看订阅方式

中国首份双语手机报
学英语看资讯一个都不能少!

关注和订阅

本文相关阅读
人气排行
热搜词
 
 
精华栏目
 

阅读

词汇

视听

翻译

口语

合作

 

关于我们 | 联系方式 | 招聘信息

Copyright by chinadaily.com.cn. All rights reserved. None of this material may be used for any commercial or public use. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited. 版权声明:本网站所刊登的中国日报网英语点津内容,版权属中国日报网所有,未经协议授权,禁止下载使用。 欢迎愿意与本网站合作的单位或个人与我们联系。

电话:8610-84883645

传真:8610-84883500

Email: languagetips@chinadaily.com.cn