当前位置: Language Tips> 流行新词
分享到
现在几乎所有的公共场所,像办公室,饭馆儿,都是禁烟的,所以想抽烟的朋友们只能去户外。而一个适用于他们的搭讪方式也诞生了,就叫做smirting(借火搭讪)。
Feifei: Why are you looking so happy Diarmuid?
菲菲:迪尔米德,为什么你看上去那么开心?
Diarmuid: Well, earlier today, I was outside on my telephone, when a lady asked me for a lighter. I think she might have been trying to smirt with me.
迪尔米德:嗯,今天早晨我在外面打电话,一位女士过来问我借打火机。我觉得她是想要“借火搭讪”。
Feifei: Smirt?
菲菲:借火搭讪?
Diarmuid: Yes, smirt, S.M.I.R.T, smirt. Now smirt is a slang word to describe flirting with another person when you are smoking.
迪尔米德:是的,借火搭讪。现在这是个俚语,指的是在吸烟的时候和某人调情。
Feifei: It sounds like smoking and flirting have been joined together to make the word smirting.
菲菲:听上去是吸烟和调情这两个词加在一起构成了这个词。
Diarmuid: Exactly, that is how the word smirting is created.
迪尔米德:确实是,这就是这个词的构成。
Diarmuid: But I didn't have a lighter, because I don't smoke, so that was the end of the conversation.
迪尔米德:但是我没有打火机,因为我不吸烟,所以就不了了之。
Feifei: Was she pretty?
菲菲:她可爱吗?
Diarmuid: She was very pretty.
迪尔米德:她非常可爱。
Feifei: Oh well. She'll probably be there tomorrow if you want to talk to her again.
菲菲:好吧,如果你还想和她搭讪,明天可能她还会在那里呢。
What do people usually say when they are smirting?
菲菲:以借火搭讪的时候会说什么呢?
Diarmuid: It depends. Here is an example of some people smirting:
迪尔米德:这得看情况。下面是一些人以借火和某人搭讪的实例:
***
Example
A: Hi, could I borrow your lighter?
嗨,我能借用一下你的打火机吗?
B: Sure.
当然。
A: Thanks. Are you new here?
谢谢,你是新来的吗?
B: Yeah, I just started in the IT department.
是的,我刚来,在IT部门。
A: Oh great, I work in the office right next to you.
哦,很好,我就在你旁边的办公室里工作。
B: I guess we'll be seeing a lot of each other.
我想我们会经常见面的。
***
Feifei: All this talk of smirting is making me feel a little lonely.
菲菲:不知道我什么时候才能遇到梦中的白马王子呀!
Diarmuid: You do know that smoking is bad for you and that there are healthier ways to meet a nice guy than to smirt.
迪尔米德:你一定知道吸烟对你有害,除了借火搭讪这种方法,还有很多好的方法去认识不错的人。
(英文来源:BBC英语教学 翻译&编辑:yaning)
上一篇 : 你有“资讯癖”吗?
下一篇 :
分享到
关注和订阅
电话:8610-84883645
传真:8610-84883500
Email: languagetips@chinadaily.com.cn