当前位置: Language Tips> 翻译经验
分享到
John Nash:My first grade teacher,she told me that I was born with two helpings of brain,but only half a helping of heart. 约翰·纳什:我一年级的老师,曾经告诉我,我天生就具有两个有用的大脑。
John Nash:Classes will dull your mind.Destroy the potential for authentic creativity. 上课会让你大脑变迟钝,会毁掉富有重大创造性的潜能。
John Nash:In competitive someone always loses. 约翰·纳什:激烈的竞争力下总有人要输的。
Alicia:God must be a painter.Why else would we have so many colors?艾莉西亚:上帝一定是个画家,要不然我们怎么会有这么多的颜色。
John Nash:I don't believe in luck.But I do believe in assigning value to things. 约翰·纳什:我不相信运气,但我相信物品所决定的价值。
-Nash: Alicia, does our relationship warrant long-term commitment? 'Cause I need some kind of proof, some kind of verifiable, empirical data. 纳什:艾莉西亚,我们的关系能够成为长远的许诺吗?因为我需要一些证明,一些能够证实的事实。
-Alicia: I'm sorry. Just give me a moment to redefine my girlish notions of romance. A proof? Verifiable data. 艾莉西亚:对不起,给我点时间让我重新考虑我少女式的浪漫观念。一个证明?能证实的事实。
Um... okay. Well, how big is the universe? 嗯,好吧。那你说宇宙有多大?
-Nash: Infinite. 纳什:无限大。
-Alicia: How do you know? 艾莉西亚:你怎么知道?
-Nash: I know because all the data indicate it. 纳什:我知道是因为所有的资料都这样显示。
-Alicia: But it hasn't been proven yet? No. You haven't seen it. How do you know for sure? 艾莉西亚:但是还没有证明,对吗?没错。你还没见过。你怎么能肯定呢?
-Nash: I don't, I just believe it. 纳什:我不能肯定,我只是相信。
-Alicia: Mmm. It's the same with love, I guess. Now, the part that you don't know is if I want to marry you. 艾莉西亚:嗯。我猜这跟爱也一样。现在,你不知道的那部分就是我愿不愿意嫁给你。
Charles:Nothing's ever for sure,John.That's the only sure thing I do know. 查尔斯:约翰,没有什么事情是肯定的,这也是唯一我能肯定的事情。
Alicia:I need to believe that something extraordinary is possible. 艾莉西亚:我需要相信奇迹是可能的。
Hansen: You scared? 汉森:你害怕吗?
Nash: Sarcastically. Terrified. Mortified. Petrified. Stupefied... by you. 纳什:(讽刺地)恐惧的、苦恼的、吓呆的、麻木的…被你。
Nash: You see, I…I am crazy. I take the newer medications, but I still see things that are not here. I just choose not to acknowledge them. Like a diet of the mind, I choose not to indulge certain appetites. Like my appetite for patterns. Perhaps my appetite to imagine and to dream. 纳什:你要明白,我……我是疯的。我服用最新的药物,但我仍然看的见那些不存在的东西。我只是选择了不去理睬他们。就好像一顿心灵快餐,我选择不去纵容某些食欲。比如说我症状的食欲。还有我虚构和想象的食欲。
Nash: Thank you. I've always believed in numbers ,in the equations and logics that lead to reason.But after a lifetime of such pursuits, I ask, "What truly is logic? Who decides reason?"My quest has taken me through the physical, the metaphysical, the delusional -- and back.And I have made the most important discovery of my career, the most important discovery of my life: It is only in the mysterious equations of love that any logical reasons can be found.I'm only here tonight because of you (his wife, Alicia). You are the reason I am. You are all my reasons.Thank you. 纳什:谢谢大家!我一直以来都坚信数字,不管是方程还是逻辑都引导我们去思考。但是在如此追求了一生后,我问自己:“逻辑到底是什么?谁决定原由?”我的探索让我从形而下到形而上,最后到了妄想症,就这样来回走了一趟。在事业上我有了重大突破,在生命中我也找到了最重要的人:只有在这种神秘的爱情方程中,才能找到逻辑或原由来。今晚我能站在这儿全是你的功劳,你是我成功的因素,也是唯一的因素。谢谢你!
(来源:沪江英语 编辑:江巍)
上一篇 : 罗赛蒂《歌》徐志摩译罗大佑曲
下一篇 : 李克强在全国推进简政放权放管结合职能转变工作电视电话会议上的讲话
分享到
关注和订阅
电话:8610-84883645
传真:8610-84883500
Email: languagetips@chinadaily.com.cn