当前位置: Language Tips> 双语新闻

盘点20个最让人尴尬的社交场合

The 20 most embarrassing social situations revealed

中国日报网 2016-09-08 08:44

分享到

 

盘点20个最让人尴尬的社交场合

Red-faced Britons endure 84 embarrassing social situations every year, according to a new study.
一项新研究指出,英国人每年都会经历84个令人面红耳赤的尴尬社交场合。

Researchers found 78 percent of us dread having to be sociable, with the average person experiencing a truly toe-curling experience seven times a month.
研究人员发现,78%的人对强制交际的场合心怀恐惧,而每人平均每月会经历7次让人尴尬的社交活动。

The study - which has also revealed the top 20 awkward social situations - also revealed more than a third of us have made a recent, sweat-inducing 'greeting faux pas' - with forgetting someone's name when introducing them the most common (43 percent).
这项研究除了发布了20个最让人尴尬的社交场合,还指出超过三分之一的人最近经历了一次让人冷汗直流的“问候失态”——最普遍的情形是当介绍甲给乙的时候忘记了甲的名字。(43%)

A quarter of us have gone in for a hug when the other person expected a handshake, 26 percent have introduced themselves to someone they have already met and 15 percent have kissed someone on the lips by mistake.
在对方只是想简单握手的情况下,四分之一的人以拥抱的方式打招呼,26%的人重复对同一人作自我介绍,15%的人不小心亲了别人的嘴。

The study also found, once a greeting faux pas has been made, 26 percent of Brits try to cover up the embarrassment by making a joke, while a bashful 22 percent admit to going red in the face.
研究还发现,当“问候失态”发生时,26%的英国人会用一句笑话掩饰尴尬,而22%的人则承认他们当下就感到脸红无措。

According to the poll, the most cringe inducing situation imaginable is bumping into someone you have previously had confrontation with, according to 36 percent of those surveyed.
调查还显示,36%的受访者将“偶然撞见昔日冤家”推为难堪场合之首。

盘点20个最让人尴尬的社交场合

Other moments which leave us mortified include introducing someone to another person when you have forgotten their name (32 percent), meeting someone who used to be in a relationship with your partner (28 percent) and talking to someone you secretly find attractive (26 percent).
其他尴尬瞬间还包括:在介绍甲给乙时突然忘记了甲的名字(32%),遇见情人的旧爱(28%),和暗恋的人讲话(26%)。

When it comes to the people we feel most uncomfortable greeting - potential employers came top with 31 percent - followed by first dates (19 percent) and partner's parents (12 percent).
而让我们最感不适的问候场合中,遇见潜在上司位居首位(31%),紧接着是初次约会(19%)和首次拜会恋人家长(12%)。

And the study revealed more than half of Brits (54 percent) worry about their own body odour, while 45 percent have concerns about having bad breath in a social situation.
研究还表明,超过半数的英国人(54%)担心自己身上散发体臭,45%的人害怕自己在社交场合口气不清新。

A spokesperson from CB12 First Class Breath, which commissioned the study of 1,500 British adults, said: 'Even the most confident person will experience social anxiety at some point in their lives.
CB12漱口水公司为这项研究提供了1500位英国成年人样本,发言人表示:“即便是最自信的人都会在生命的某些时刻遭遇社交恐惧。”

'Whether it's meeting a partner's parents for the first time or stepping into an interview - we all need a little help to get through these awkward situations looking and feeling great.
“不管是初次拜会恋人家长又或是首次求职面试——我们在那样尴尬的场合都需要一些小帮助以增强自信。”

'While we can't prepare for every eventuality in life, paying attention to the basics can really help boost your confidence, so you can take on any situation head on and avoid the blushes.'
“既然我们无法提前为生命中的诸多偶然作准备,不妨在平日里切实做些能增强自信的小事,这样我们就能在任何场面都游刃有余,避免面红尴尬。”

盘点20个最让人尴尬的社交场合

20 MOST AWKWARD BRITISH SOCIAL SITUATIONS
20个让英国人最感尴尬的社交场合

1. Greeting someone who used to be in a relationship with your partner
遇见恋人的前任

2. Greeting a new business contact
会见新合作伙伴

3. Meeting your partner's parents for the first time
首次拜会恋人父母

4. Going on a first date
初次约会

5. Talking to someone you find attractive
与暗恋的人交谈

6. Bumping into someone you've previously had confrontation with
偶遇昔日冤家

7. Meeting up with someone you met online
与网友见面

8. Greeting a room full of people in a business situation
在商务场所和一屋子的人打招呼

9. Greeting a room full of people in a social situation
在社交场所和一屋子的人打招呼

10. Bumping in to someone you know reasonably well in the street
在大街上偶遇认识的人

11. Bumping into someone you've previously had a relationship with
偶遇昔日恋人

12. Meeting your idol / a celebrity
遇到偶像/名人

13. Being interviewed for a new job / role
应聘新工作/岗位

14. Dancing with someone
与别人共舞

15. A first kiss
初吻

16. Standing up to someone you disagree with
和与自己意见相左的人对着干

17. Receiving a compliment from someone
受到赞美或恭维

18. Being told by someone you have something on your face or teeth
别人提醒自己脸上或牙齿上有脏东西

19. Introducing someone when you've forgotten their name
在忘记甲的名字的前提下,向乙介绍甲

20. Having to stand in someone's personal space on a packed train or bus  
被迫在拥挤的车厢里与陌生人“亲密接触”

英文来源:每日邮报
翻译:陈蕾羽(中国日报网爱新闻iNews译者)
编审:yaning

 

分享到

中国日报网英语点津版权说明:凡注明来源为“中国日报网英语点津:XXX(署名)”的原创作品,除与中国日报网签署英语点津内容授权协议的网站外,其他任何网站或单位未经允许不得非法盗链、转载和使用,违者必究。如需使用,请与010-84883561联系;凡本网注明“来源:XXX(非英语点津)”的作品,均转载自其它媒体,目的在于传播更多信息,其他媒体如需转载,请与稿件来源方联系,如产生任何问题与本网无关;本网所发布的歌曲、电影片段,版权归原作者所有,仅供学习与研究,如果侵权,请提供版权证明,以便尽快删除。

中国日报网双语新闻

扫描左侧二维码

添加Chinadaily_Mobile
你想看的我们这儿都有!

中国日报双语手机报

点击左侧图标查看订阅方式

中国首份双语手机报
学英语看资讯一个都不能少!

关注和订阅

本文相关阅读
人气排行
热搜词
 
 
精华栏目
 

阅读

词汇

视听

翻译

口语

合作

 

关于我们 | 联系方式 | 招聘信息

Copyright by chinadaily.com.cn. All rights reserved. None of this material may be used for any commercial or public use. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited. 版权声明:本网站所刊登的中国日报网英语点津内容,版权属中国日报网所有,未经协议授权,禁止下载使用。 欢迎愿意与本网站合作的单位或个人与我们联系。

电话:8610-84883645

传真:8610-84883500

Email: languagetips@chinadaily.com.cn