当前位置: Language Tips> 流行新词
分享到
以为只有小女生和孩子才爱在生病的时候大呼小叫?那你可大错特错了。有些男士在生小病的时候更容易夸大其词求安慰求抱抱,他们所患的小感冒也就被称为“男士感冒”。
When a man gets a cold, everything shuts down. He’s on the couch in misery -- unwilling to do anything (even go to the doctor). But a woman with a cold just bucks up and goes on about her day.
男士得了感冒,就什么都不想做。他痛苦地坐在沙发上,不想做任何事(甚至包括去看医生)。但如果女士得了感冒,她会打起精神,该干啥干啥。
Man flu is the condition shared by all males wherein a common illness (usually a mild cold) is presented by the patient as life-threatening.
“男士感冒”指的是男士把患上的常见疾病(通常是轻微感冒)说得跟得了严重的大病一样,几乎所有的男士都有这种情况。
When the patient is your boyfriend, he will exhibit the standard symptoms (such as an overwhelming desire for compassion) while simultaneously rejecting any and all efforts you make to placate him.
当患病者是你的男友,他的表现会很常见(比如特别希望得到同情),但同时又会拒绝你对他所有的安慰。
例子:
You: Awww, you poor fella.
你:噢你这个可怜孩子。
Him: I'm DYING!
男友:我要死了!
You: (Soothingly) Oh, you're not dying.
你:(安慰地)没那么严重。
Him: (Indignant) I AM! I have Man Flu!
男友:(愤愤不平)我会的!我得了男士感冒!
You: Do you need some sympathy?
你:你需要一些安慰吗?
Him: Yes! But no one understands my pain...
男友:是的!但没人理解我的痛……
You: I understa-
你:我能理解-
Him: NO YOU DO NOT!!!
男友:不,你不理解!!!
(中国日报网英语点津 yaning)
上一篇 : 你爱“小题大做”吗?
下一篇 :
分享到
关注和订阅
电话:8610-84883645
传真:8610-84883500
Email: languagetips@chinadaily.com.cn